- Electronic Data Protection Coverage
Your standard property policy provides very limited if any coverage for your computers, tablets, laptops, electronics and that VERY expensive wide format printer you just purchased. This policy will provide protection for the electronic equipment scheduled in the form at the described location only. Coverage applies to scheduled items for the amount listed in the policy. Additional or upgraded equipment must be reported to the company for coverage to go into effect.
- Note: The values based upon the information you furnish. We assume no responsibility for the accuracy of the values you select. If you are not sure of the accuracy of the values stated, an appraisal should be obtained from a qualified, licensed appraiser. A cheaper way is to check out EBAY or ask your local tech geek what he would suggest.
- Optional Coverage
- Extra Expense Coverage This coverage is designed to pay for normal operating expenses needed to continue after a loss caused by a covered peril.
- MEDIA COVERAGE This coverage is used to provide coverage for loss or damage to electronic media which results in additional cost to reproduce data. This is important since many times these costs can be more than actual damage to your hardware.
- UNSCHEDULED EQUIPMENT This allows you to report an unscheduled limit for each location.
- LAPTOP COMPUTERS If you wish coverage for your laptop computers and media a separate limit must be requested for each described laptop. The standard deductible is $250, with optional deductibles of $500 and $1,000.
- MECHANICAL BREAKDOWN This coverage provides protection from equipment breakdown. This option has a prerequisite that you use an approved surge suppression device and a data backup system. The standard deductible is $1,000 with options of $2,500 and $5,000.
- ELECTRICAL DISTURBANCE This coverage provides protection for fluctuations in electrical current which results in damage to your system. This option has a prerequisite that you use an approved surge suppression device and a data backup system. The standard deductible is 5% of the coverage limit or $1,000, whichever is greater.
- OFF PREMISES COVERAGE Make sure your coverage will extend your policy to provide protection for equipment and media that is taken off your premises.